Delhi, the Indian capital, has numerous attractions for tourists of all types. Still, there are many options located near Delhi as well. From nearby historical sites and beautiful natural features to unique cultural experiences, you can find great things to do just outside the city. With proper planning and forethought, you can have an unforgettable trip near Delhi.
When you go outskirts of Delhi, then amidst the greenery on the Delhi-Jaipur Highway, there is Neemrana Fort Palace, which is a grand symbol of history. It is closest to capital and is quite popular for romantic gateways, family holidays, and weekend breaks.
Attractions: Neemrana Fort Palace, Neemrana Baori, and zip lining facilities
Best time to visit: September to March
Distance from Delhi: 118 km
How to reach
- By air: Indira Gandhi International Terminal (104 km away) in Delhi is the nearest airport.
- By rail: Rewari (38 km away) is the nearest railhead.
- By road: All buses running on the Delhi-Jaipur Highway stop at Neemrana.
2. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary
Attractions: Bird-safari in rickshaws and boat ride
Best time to visit: August to November for watching local birds and October to March for migratory birds
Time: 6 am – 6 pm in summers and 6:30 am – 5 pm during winters
Distance from Delhi: 190 km
How to reach
- By air: Kheria Airport (59 km away) in Agra and IGI Airport in Delhi (200 km away) are the nearest airports.
- By rail: Bharatpur has its own railway station.
- By road: Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra are some of the major cities that are well-connected with Bharatpur by road.
3. Mathura And Vrindavan
Truly, Mathura and Vrindavan are two most visited places and are within 200 km of the capital, known for their religious significance.
Attractions: Shri Krishna Janma Bhoomi, Jama Masjid, Vishram Ghat, Dwarkadheesh Temple, Gita Mandir, and Government Museum
Best time to visit: October to March
Distance from Delhi: 161 km
How to reach
- By air: Kheria Airport (13 km away) in Agra and IGI Airport in Delhi (136 km away) are the nearest airports.
- By rail: Mathura has its own railway station.
- By road: Mathura is connected by road to Delhi, Agra, Moradabad, Jaipur, Bikaner, Kolkata, and other small towns of UP and nearby states.
4. Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
It is in the northern terminal of the Aravalli Hill Range, offering the wonderful option for a one day trip near Delhi – the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary. This sanctuary has the sparkling blue waters of the 5 hidden lakes, including the highly popular Bhardwaj Lake, act as the perfect destination for a picnic spot.
Attractions: Myriad birds, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals found in the forests surrounding 5 hidden lakes
Best time to visit: Year-round
Distance from Delhi: 22 km
5. Camp Wild Dhauj
The camp wild Dhuaj comes under the radius of 100 km from Delhi and gives the incredible holiday experience. You can find comfortable tents, delicious food, adventure sports, and other camp facilities making it a perfect destination for a winter excursion.
Attractions: DJ nights, bonfire, rappelling, rock climbing, flying fox, hiking, mountain biking, ATV rides, and zorbing
Best time to visit: September to February
Distance from Delhi: 49 km
If you are looking for list of top 5 listing than Get Top 5 results is the best place. Here you can find top 5 listing for every category. We at Get Top 5 are severely addicted to deliver the best Top 5 lists and content to our absolutely lovely readers.